2/24/2010

FW: SWEET PEA FARM UPDATE- life is returning to normal - sort of..........

 

 


From: Stacy Murphy [mailto:hppsco@optonline.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 7:49 PM
To: Abbie Zuidema; ally hillfiger; alwhitedot@optonline.net; Amy Ferraro; amykschell@hotmail.com; Andrea Hutter; Anne and Luke Williams (burntcove@verizon.net); Anne Davis (annekdavis@hotmail.com); adean@optonline.net; ashby@ashbysedibles.com; Barbera Curry (bcurryjames@optonline.net); dogmom519@aol.com; rvehcon@aol.com; Billsmwct@aol.com; rmurc2@aol.com; Brenda Fries; BLARRABEE@aol.com; Bruce Baker; BFurgess@aol.com; C Kulkin
Subject: SWEET PEA FARM UPDATE- life is returning to normal - sort of..........

 

February 26, 2008

 

Here we are!  It’s a new year!

 

We made it through a couple months with nothing but GOOD things happening – people laugh when I say this – I let out a sigh of relief!

 

As usual – things are on a fast pace at Sweet Pea Farm. It has been a long 3 months since the fire on December 18th, 2007 though.

 

The insurance company wanted to send out an investigative crew – I choose to call them their C.S.I. team – to look into, dig around, and dissect the remnants of the charred sheep’s water heater – which was the suspected culprit of the fire. It took a good 6 weeks for all the assorted people to come out, gather around and do their thing. I was told “NOT TO TOUCH OR MOVE A THING” until they had gotten their evidence for the possible law suit against the manufacturer of the heater.

 

I snapped shots of the crew – and as usual – Willie charmed many of the investigators, firemen, and insurance reps alike!

 

The bird room was a big hit too – all involved had to come inside and take a look at the walk in aviary and to see all the different kinds of birds.

 

I managed to sell the motorcycle (the one that didn’t burn) and the Trooper. So, the driveway is a little less cluttered. That leaves the MINI still to go.

 

I finally got Ines’ “crunchy red car” flat bedded away 1 week ago. Man, did that take a lot of patience, and 92 days. The lucky Ford dealership in Danbury got this one back – (heh heh) gee- “A little problem with the paint” well – see – it’s a leased vehicle – so………………..it goes back to a dealership……..right?  They weren’t too happy about getting the car. I didn’t care, and I was thrilled.

 

We had 10 inches of snow last week too, 1 day after you see the little crunchy red car being towed away. I bought a snow blower so I am not dependant on a plow guy anymore.

 

Wow.

 

Life is now complete.

 

I have a HUMMER, and a snow blower. What else could a girl want? It blows snow 30 feet away. Talk about liberation, talk about power, talk about…………ok, ok, I’m getting a little carried away, but really, try it sometime, you’ll see! (it’s quite interesting to hold the clutch on the blower and snap the camera shot with my other arm while walking)

 

Willie and Rosie are still growing, and Willie – wow – look at the current photo of him. He is not a teenie bopper anymore, he is a MAN. (well, a sheep man) Look at his HORNS! They seem to be growing daily – I don’t notice unless I look at photos! Both sheep have filled out in all ways –  facial features, bellies, and coats.  It has been 4 degrees here, and they just looooollllie around in the snow and ice – they actually have ice on their backs, and don’t care one bit. They actually lie on the snow, like it’s a big blanket. As you can see, Rosie has snow on here nose. It doesn’t melt; it just stays there, as she has so much insulation. Their shed is holding up great, and they use it every single time it rains.

 

It will officially be their BIRTHDAYS next week! They will be a YEAR old. Willie was born on March 9, 2007, and Rosie was born on March 7, 2007.

I am so happy I was able to rescue these sheep, save their lives, and add them to my life. They continue to bring joy to many, including myself on a daily basis.

 

They HATE the rain. Actually, I would too if I had to wear 4 wool sweaters, and stand in the rain. When it is raining, they both will stand in the doorway of the shed, and baaaaa at me. Asking me to make it stop raining. Incessantly. If they see me in the house, they will baa at me until I open the window on that side of the house and tell them “I hear you; I can’t do anything about the rain”. It is quite comical, and I have to turn up the TV so I don’t hear them baaaing their discontent at me.

 

Please enjoy the photos; I am battling it out with the insurance company who wants to cheap out their payment to me. Next photos will be demolition of the garage, and reconstruction of the new garage going up!

 

We have close to 100 people on the email list now for Sweet Pea Farm, how wonderful! Keep it up – if you know someone who you think would like the farm news, send me an email, I will add them to the list.

 

It will be spring in 4 weeks – let’s get ready!

 

Oxoxoxox

Stacy Murphy, Willie, Rosie, Jasmine, Moki, Wilson, Mariah, Ginger, Birds

Sweet Pea Farm

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment